Famous people with your birthday
* Alejo Carpentier, Cuban writer
* Jean Toomer, American writer
* Mary Fairfax Somerville, British mathematician
This day in history
* 1606 - First Performance of William Shakespeare's King Lear
* 1898 - Marie and Pierre Curie announce the isolation of radium.
* Jack Johnson becomes the heavyweight boxing champion by defeating Tommy Burns in Sydney, Australia.
* 1931 - Phi Iota Alpha, the oldest existing Latino fraternity is founded.
* 1933 - FM radio is patented.
* 1966 - The first Kwanzaa is celebrated by Maulana Karenga, the chair of Black Studies at California State University, Long Beach.
Holidays and interesting facts
* South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
* First day of Kwanzaa
* The first of the twelve days of Christmas in Western Christianity.
* First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas
Make the day meaningful (Brought to you by So what can I do?)
* Celebrate Kwanzaa, everyone can.